Saturday, April 28, 2007

Springy

I like Kanazawa because it has all the creature comforts of a modern city, but within 10 minutes drive, nature abounds. So while I spend most of the time amidst concrete and wires, I can take a spin after work up to the foothills outside of town and get away from the hustle and bustle. That's a funny thing about Japan; you can be in the middle of the most scenic, peaceful environment, only to walk around the corner and be in the middle of a not so scenic, peaceful environment.





Sorry I've been a rather crappy blogger of late. For all of you who have typed in my blog address with great anticipation, only to find the same damn picture of my TV for the past week, I apologize.
We just started a week long vacation, known as Golden Week here in Japan. It's basically a cluster of individual holidays that they stuck back to back, so you end up getting a whole week off. And it's a great time to not have to work, as spring is in full effect here. Warm days, cool nights, green popping everywhere. Frogs are peeping, birds are flirting, optimism is in the air. They are flooding the local rice paddies and getting the neighborhood gardens back in order. It's nice.
Tomorrow Chieko and I are heading up to Niigata to visit her parents. Her sister, brother in law, nieces and nephew will also be there. I'll pop into to Tokyo, about and hours bullet train ride away, for one night to visit some old friends. We should be back here sometime Wednesday. I'm going to bring my computer, so there may be some blog posts along the way. Enjoy the weekend.

2 comments:

JS said...

Nice pix of the forest. Very cool. I have to get better about using my camera. I bring it everywhere, but never take it out of my bag.

How 'bout them Red Sox!

Casey said...

thanks for the compliments shades...i take my camera all over the place but i'm starting to realize it's limitations, particularly in dark/low light situations...but by and large it takes nice pics and it's easy to carry around...sox are kicking ass, though looks like everyone else in our division is at/under .500...still, i've enjoyed the season so far