Monday, November 19, 2007

Deal Sealed

OK, I have to admit that I'm a lot happier we did that than I ever thought I would be. And dare I say that as much as I bitched and moaned over the last few months, it was indeed worth it? I think so.



While much of the wedding is a blur, I am feeling very happy and satisfied at the moment. My family is awesome. My friends are awesome. My wife is awesome. Life, for the moment, is awesome.



We made it back to Kanazawa tonight, with my family in tow. To say the last three days have been a whirlwind is a 100% understatement, but sleeping in my own bed and having less people to be accountable for will hopefully slow things down to a managable pace. My family is town until Friday, so we're looking forward to showing them the sites around Kanazawa over the next few days. Of course, it's poised to rain the entire time they are here, so that limits options, but hopefully we'll catch a few hours of non-precipitation to take in some of the outdoor attractions around here.



And now, I present you with the 6-photo summary of our last 72 hours:



Here we are in our western-style wedding garb:



And in our traditional Japanese get-up.



Flanked by the brothers Bean.




Chieko looking cool.

Niigata, as usual, did not disappoint, receiving the first snow of the year last night and greeting us with a fresh blanket white this morning.

One of the things we did with Chieko's parents today was visit a coy breeding facility, which was more interesting than it sounds. These things were 30 year old, 3+ foot beheamoths who went into a feeding frenzy when we threw in some food pellets.

So there you have it, as least part of it. Perhaps I'll add more details and photos at some point, but for now, I'm going to bed!! Thanks to everyone reading this who spent at least part of the the day with us on Saturday, and to everyone who we may not have seen, but whose support we had along the way.