In terms of my own mental state at the moment, I'm in 'calm before the storm' mode. Until now, I've had the last remnants of work related mumbo jumbo to keep me distracted, but come tomorrow, I'll have nothing to focus on other the giant elephant known as my wedding that's sitting here next to me. I'll probably come fairly close to losing my mind in the next 7 days, but that's part of the whole experience, right?
We spent the weekend zooming around town taking a small bite out of the many things we have left to do. Starting last night we've been having some nice downpour/thunder/lightning action. As Kanazawa weather is want to do, in between the crazy weather, the sun came out. It made for some nice pictures as I was walking into to school this evening to take care of some odds and ends. I have to say I'm really impressed with the (not so) new Camera. It takes really nice pictures, and even with the kit lens I'm using the quality and capability is so far beyond what I could do with the point and shoot. I really need to get myself a tripod in the near future for the low light, dusk/night time shots.






4 comments:
good luck with the final wedding push, casey. man, me being a married man now, i can say that i don't envy you....and my wedding was put together in about a week. i am not joking. it is hard marrying a foreigner, as you probably already know. enid is canadian.
enjoy your wedding!
isaac
thanks izzy...yeah we've been planning this for a while and there were many occassions when i wished it would just be over with, but i'm actually starting to look forward to it a little now...hope it all works out!
great photos. totally jealous of your camera.
happy wedding! sending you and chieko lots of relaxing, fun, happy feelings from madrid! -s.
thank you sheryl, see you in a few days
Post a Comment