Friday, March 09, 2007

Safe and Sound

Chieko and I arrived back on Cape Cod around 1:30 yesterday afternoon after a safe and uneventful flight from Japan. We are in agreement that All Nippon Airways (ANA) kicks butt and is far superior in every aspect to airlines based in the US, so if you are ever flying to Japan, I highly suggest you book a flight with them. They code share a lot of flights with United Airlines, so you can fly ANA at United prices if you do your homework.
After arriving here, taking a tour of my parent's new house and eating, we sat around in a kind of zombified state of jet lag for a few hours. I finally threw in the towel around 6:30 last night, Chieko a bit earlier, and went to bed. I had such a powerful sense of sleepiness/tiredness, I almost felt nausious. But at the same time when I closed my eyes, it was one of the best feelings, to be THAT tired and to finally submit to sleep. So now we sit here at 5 a.m. wide awake and ready to start our day.
So far the 'America' things I'm iduldging in are food and tv. By the way it's damn cold here, at the moment just 5 degrees outside.
So I'll get back to the blog when I have some more interesting reflections, but for now everyone can relax to know that we've made it to America without any problems :-)

5 comments:

JS said...

Ahhh, New England winters. How I don't miss them. 71 and overcast here on the coast of South Carolina. Drink lots of orange juice. Air travel and 5 degree temps has a wicked cold written all over it.

Casey said...

the biggest thing bugging me so far is wicked jetlag...never had it this bad before...since i've been back i've gone to bad at 6:30, 8, and last night made it all the way to 9:30!!

JS said...

Exercise. Try to jog/walk a mile. You have to shock the body. Good luck when you get back to Japan.

Kent Matsueda said...

Hey Casey,
All's well here. Now that it's quiet here, I finally feel like my vacation has begun!
When do you fly back?
See you then,
Kent

Casey said...

hey kent,
we'll be back in japan on friday, but have to hang out in ibaraki for a few days to meet the new nephew...i'm hoping we'll be back in town by monday at the latest...