Saturday, February 17, 2007

Boys Gone Wild

This afternoon my wife and several of her friends got together for a 'stitch and bitch,' where they drink wine, talk sh*t about men, and pretend to knit stuff. So I and several of my male friends whose wives were participating in this event found ourselves together to do man-stuff for the afternoon. There were four of us: Kent, Curt, Vhon, and myself. Since it was midday and several of us were to be responsible for driving our drunk wives home later in the evening, we couldn't go do the ultimate man thing and get drunk ourselves. Thus we set about pursuing other pleasures of man.
Our first order of business was to eat, so we went out to lunch. But that's pretty girly, especially since it wasn't at a strip joint, and we knew it. So we promptly raced off to the batting cages after. That's pretty manly, even though the place was filled with junior high girls practicing softball. We did that for about an hour, after which we were all complaining of various things. My ribs hurt and I actually fouled a ball into my forehead. Curt's arm hurt. Vhon hurt pretty much everywhere. I can't remember what was bothering Kent, but I'm sure something was.

After that, we thought about catching a movie, which is also totally girly but at that point we just wanted to sit down for an extended period of time. There was nothing good playing, but right across from the movie theater was a bowling alley. That's where we headed next.
Here's yours truly uncorking one en route to a respectable (I think) 137. This picture makes my ass look SO fat!!

And Curt lets one fly.


Vhon holds on for dear life after rolling his ball. Vhon was suffering from elbow pain in his bowling arm, so he bowled two rounds lefty, and got better and better.


And then there was Kent, who looks so damn stylish with his follow-through.



We bowed out after two games and headed back to the hornet's nest that was the stitch and bitch, where I found my lovely wife utterly hammered. She's gone to bed for the night, and I have a sneaking suspicion she'll be good for a whole lot of nothing for the majority of the day tomorrow. So I'm holding down the fort, checking on her every few minutes and making sure I don't here any gurgling sounds coming from the bedroom.
Tomorrow isn't shaping up to be nearly as eventful as today, but maybe that's a good thing. Have a nice weekend.



1 comment:

Kent Matsueda said...

too bad my score sucked so badly... 100 and then a like-60 something??
;-P