Say hello to R2-D2, the newest member of our appliance family here at Summerge Four. Though it barely fits into our cramped little shower/sink/R2-D2 area, this little guy is a Godsend. Gone are the hangers of clothes hanging in every doorway and cranny of our apartment, gone is the stifling, guitar killing 90% humidity that had become the norm here. We have entered a new age here, a dry, fabric-softener scented utopia. We took delivery of this beast yesterday, and it's been a-washing ever since. The best thing is that it washes and dries all by itself, so we can just start it and go. What a crazy idea!

Moving on to news that will make you wonder what the hell is wrong with me that I led this post with news of our new washer drier, Chieko and I have chosen both a date and place for our wedding ceremony. Pack your bags all 4 people who will be coming from America! Saturday, November 17th is the day, Monna Lisa is the place (sorry Mom that this is probably the first you've heard; we just decided last night!!). We won't begin planning in earnest until sometime in August, so nobody go freaking out just yet.
And in sports, it was a big night for football with the Colts coming out of nowhere and winning the Superbowl. Who could have predicted that? But in more interesting football news is the football dream I had last night. I usually fall asleep listening to WEEI Sports Radio, out of Boston, streaming on my computer. I think this is the root of my football dream. I found myself playing in a game on a team with Tom Brady (quarterback of the Patriots, for those of you who live under a rock). The dream only lasted 2 plays. I was a running-back/wide receiver, it appeared. The first play was a botched hand off type of thing. Brady tried to pitch the ball to me, rugby style, but he sailed it over my head. The next play I went deep. It was exhilarating, I was gunning down the field, my eyes locked on the hail Mary pass that was on it's downward route into my arms. I caught it and turned my eyes back to the field to meet the opposing team's defender who was, get this, one of my students. I laid him out and was into the end zone. Two interesting things about this dream. I've never played organized football in my life, ever. So this was random. Second, the student who I leveled was not even one of the ones that I don't like. He was one of the nicer students I have. There may be nothing more random than the people who turn up in your dreams from time to time.
And lastly, I've added a new link to the sidebar, Hot Chicks with Douchebags. Most of you will find this utterly tasteless. Several of you will deem it pure genius.
OK, I'm way behind schedule this evening. It's 11:00 and OH MY GOD!!! I haven't even ironed yet. I need to get a grip. Night night.

2 comments:
aaahhhh!!!!! a wedding!!!!!
where have you been??? you are NEVER online anymore. what am i supposed to do here?
xoxoxo (sorry)
Post a Comment