Much like many other places on our warmed globe, winter has been slow in the coming to Kanazawa this year. But the last two days have been nothing but gentle flurries and wintry goodness around here.


Another good thing is that it's Friday night already. I went back to work today after two days of bed rest which more or less cured me of my mystery illness. I'm having some lingering stomach weirdness though, so tomorrow I'm heading to a doctor who might have a better idea than our school doctor as to what's ailing me.
After work I went to the gym for the first time in about a week, and when I left to come home it was snowing nicely, so I took a long stroll coming home winding through the tiny side roads/alleyways that slice through the neighborhoods around here. It was nice.
Also on tap for the weekend is a major investment for Chieko and I: a washer drier. We have a washer, but generally dry our clothes outside. That's the more common way things are done here since driers tend to take up space, which is at a premium in small Japanese houses/apartments. The only drawback being that here in Kanazawa, the sun don't shine during the winter for more than five minutes a week, and even then it's usually still precipitating in some form (check my weather archives). Because of this we've been hanging our laundry around the house to dry. This sucks immensely on 2 major levels. First, our place isn't that big, and there's frickin' laundry everywhere, giving the feeling that we live in a giant closet. Second, the humidity from all this damn wet laundry hanging around is a) not good for my guitars and b) causing mold. So, we're springing for a fancy washer/drier combo, and maybe a dehumidifier. This moistness will end!
So I'm looking for this weekend to fly by faster than normal, which will not be great, but whatever. I only worked a day last week, so I suppose I'm due back to the normal rigors of life. That is, assuming that my stomach discomfort ISN'T do to flesh eating worms living in and off of my intestines. In which case, I'll probably be dead within the next 24 hours, because they've been going at me for about 4 days now, so you better enjoy this blog post. Could be the last...

3 comments:
stop it!! you are supposed to come visit next month, no dieing.
xoxo
Damn worms. Can they post cool pics of Japan?
if they could start making them work for all the paracitic love they're getting from me...
Post a Comment