Monday, September 17, 2007

A Pile of Nothing

Kanazawa got all dramatic this afternoon with wind, rain, and several layers of clouds. I'd gone up to the park above town with the idea of flying my kite in the stiff breeze, but the rains came while I was en route. Not a total wash though as I enjoyed watching the weather blow in for a while.


I've come away from a day of watching sports with two very clear feelings.

First, I won't be surprised when the Patriots win the Super Bowl at the end of this season. Than steamrolled the Chargers last night, which was very satisfying after listening to/reading Ladainian Tomlinson run his mouth all week. I hope his humble pie tastes good this morning.

Second, I really don't want to play the Yankees in the playoffs. They're good. That said, losing two out of three this weekend wasn't as bad as it looks. Aside from one crappy inning on Friday, the Sox controlled that game. An aside from two crappy pitches by Curt Schilling, we we in that game as well. Just shows how small the margin of error is when playing a team like the Yankees. The positive note is that Schilling pitched quite well for the second straight start.

Our long weekend is coming to a close here, and we'll be back to it in the morning. Remember when I referred to these few weeks as a 'magical' time in terms of weather? I was wrong about that. It still hot as hell and here and definitely NOT fall by any means.

The weekend was highlight by me taking delivery of the custom made suit that I'll be wearing for the wedding. I just need to find a tie to wear now, and some shoes, and a belt. Talk about excitement. Other than that it was a just a ho-hum normal weekend. Sorry not much exciting, or even interesting, to talk about this evening. Have a wonderful day where ever you are.

No comments: