
Damn, this week came seemingly out of nowhere and rumbled over me like a freight train. After dragging me along for the last three days, it's finally ejected my battered carcass this evening and allowed me to take a deep breath.
Work has been out of control, non-stop busyness, and life after work has also been action packed. The thing that has surprised me so far this term is how many students are coming to my office to ask questions, hand in work, etc. Generally students do everything possible to avoid me outside of the class. It's amazing to me that in Japan, a country where I routinely get stared at, my students are suddenly accustomed enough to seeing foreigners that they don't notice me even when we walk past each other and we are the ONLY two people within 100 yards. I never realized they were so cultured.
Today I finally had to come up for air and get myself sorted out. I cancelled my Japanese lesson and spent the afternoon preparing all the crap I'm going to need until Friday. It's shaping up to be a sports filled weekend here, with Sox vs. Yankees all weekend, and the cheating Patriots on Sunday. I'm looking forward to all of it after I make it through the next two days.
We're in the magical time between summer and fall when the evenings are getting perfectly cool and the days are perfectly warm. Could still shave a few degrees off for me personally, but man I wish this kind of weather lasted more than a few weeks. At least it does the same thing in reverse during the spring. Speaking of cool evenings, time for me to enjoy this one with my eyes closed. Good night.

3 comments:
Be glad your in Japan. Every other breathe on the radio is about the Pats "cheating". Yeah, they went beyond the limits, but let's not forget that the Jets still couldn't score much against our D. How soon every sportstalk show here has forgotten how Miami cheated when they were calling out the Pats offensive plays by their defense.
Casey, come up for air every now and then or you'll burn yourself out. As you mentioned, big weekend, save your strength.
the sox made it more interesting than necessary tonight but luckily came out on top...it must be a purely red sox fan affliction that leads me to worry about a team that's 30 games over .500 and has been in first place all year, but i don't want to see the yankees in the playoffs
thankfully this job gives me ample opportunities to chill out and recharge, but it still gets hectic from time to time...
Ha. I know exactly what you mean. I turn it on botom 9th, 1 on - 1 out as I was getting ready for bed. Needless to say, I was all hyped up as a result of the win, but now worried about the weekend series vs the Yanks.
Post a Comment