
It's over. See you next fall boys. T'was an anti-climactic end to the Patriot's season last night, unless of course you're a Colts fan, in which case it was a very climactic continuation of your team's season. While Patriot Nation has assumed full-on Monday Morning Quarterback mode calling for heads to roll, Colt Nation can deservedly walk tall. Must feel nice.
In all honesty, the Pat's were living on borowed time. They didn't so much win last weeks game against San Diego, but were handed the game by a sloppy Chargers team. Somewhere in Indiannapolis, there is a lonely monkey roaming the streets looking for a new back to live on.
I have to say it's almost a relief that the Pat's are out of it. I spent this morning darting back to my office between classes to check on the score on the Internet, and was slightly pre-occuppied during class with visions of what might be unfolding during the game. At least now I have no real vested interest in football for a few months. But baseball season is right around the corner, and that's sure to be interesting as the Sox look stacked in pitching, and all eyes will be on Matsuzaka-san.
This has been the start of an exciting week for Chieko and I. Tomorrow night we are going to a concert by Calexico, featuring Iron and Wine, who I like a lot. So I'm looking forward to that. Haven't been to a concert in a while, and this will be a small venue, which should be cool. Hopefully I won't be too worse for wear at work on Wednesday.
Friday we're hopping on a bullet train after work and heading to Tokyo for 4 days, with only two objectives: find a place to have our wedding next November, and find me a new guitar baby!! Months of brainwashing have finally paid off, and I've convinced Chieko to buy me a new axe as a wedding gift. Granted, I only get a day to do my shopping, since she's got us booked solid for the rest of the time, so it's not a foregone conclusion that I'll be coming back with anything, but I've got a short list, and I'll be on the prowl.
And now, just a bit of work to do for tomorrow's classes, and then it's off to la-la land for me.

4 comments:
That Pats game was a disappointment, but only 23 days until pitchers and catchers report. All eyes will be on Dice-K.
Have a good trip to Tokyo and don't forget your camera.
hey casey,
i don't know if you've checked recently, but i FINALLY posted some new pictures.
xo
shades, thanks...yep baseball season is right around the corner...can't wait!
mother, i just checked last night and you hadn't posted any, so i'll go check them out now :-)
Bean Daddy!
You're right, the Pat's were luck to have gotten as far as they did- still a major dissapointment, though.... It would have been nice to see the Pats get some redemption after the 1986 super bowl where "the Fridge" shut that cold door on us.... Oh, well, maybe Brady will learn a thing or two from this and get his act together for next season....
Until then, go BoSox!!!!
Post a Comment