Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pimping the Blog


Welcome to the new and improved, 2007 version of Casey's Bean!! I spent last night and the better part of today tricking this thing out in various ways, so I hope you find it as spiffy as I do. Let's get a rundown of all that has changed here in the last 24 hours, in case you are too lazy/uninterested to figure it out for yourself.
  • the obvious: I've adopted this bland olive green background, with a simple black font!
  • I've organized my sidebar, so blogs, site links, and promotion of my friends' businesses all have their own spot!
  • I've obsessively gone through all my old posts (107 of them) and added topic labels, so if you just love to hear me talk about 'food,' for example, you can meander over to the sidebar and read everything I've ever written on the subject!
  • I've added two clocks indicating the time here in Kanazawa and the time in my hometown of West Barnstable, MA, mostly for the sake of my father who can't grasp the time difference, and who rarely reads this blog anyway!
  • I've added a fancy Google satellite map at the bottom of the page so you can zoom in and out and see where live; the pin is not on our actual residence, but the local grocery store, about 5 minutes away by car. If you find our apartment I'll mail you a chunk of octopus! (apologies to my Uncle John, who requested a map detailing all of the places I've visited in Japan in addition to where I live; that's still a work in progress but I like the idea)!

I think that's about everything. Comments are welcome if you have any ideas you'd like to see me try and incorporate. Also, once again thanks to my Uncle John, I've discovered that it's possible for you readers to be alerted via email whenever I update this thing. So if that's something you're interested, let me know in the comments section, via email, phone, in person, or any other feasible form of human communication. OK, time for dinner!!

2 comments:

JS said...

Very cool changes Casey! Excellent work. I get the urge to make changes to my blog every few months. I guess that's part of the fun of blogging.

I can honestly say I have been introduced to Japan in a way that I never thought of. I didn't realize there were seasons in Japan. I thought Japan was Tokyo and Pokemon.

Casey said...

thanks shades, yeah it was fun to sort of overhaul the blog and the new format is really easy to use...
i had much the same idea of japan as you before coming here, so i'm glad you find it interesting...in general the japanese know a lot more about america than we know about japan, which is kind of a shame since our recent histories are pretty intertwined...