
I've been easing myself back into to it a bit this week, heading into the office for some mild preparation, photocopying and tweaking a few things I hand out the first day of class, and of course cleaning the cobwebs out of my office, which I hadn't been to in nearly two months. As much as I love not having to work and still getting paid, I'm looking forward to starting up classes again. The thing I am definitely not looking forward to is having to wear pants (ahem, as opposed to shorts). It's still unpleasantly hot here in Kanazawa, and having to wear proper work attire will not make things any better. Luckily ties are not part of the wardrobe at my school, so there is some comfort in that. And thus far I've been able to get away with wearing my Birkenstock sandals to class, granted with socks, which is lame I admit, but not as lame as wearing actual shoes.
We spent the day today cleaning the bejesus out of our apartment, which had gotten away from us a bit during the last week or two. That's one thing I always need to do before I start anything major--clean. When my living quarters (and office for that matter) are clean and tidy, I feel much more equipped to focus on whatever task I have going on. That sense of order spreads to other aspects of my life. We'll see how long our cleanliness lasts though. Chieko and I are the kind of people who clean really thoroughly, and then slowly let chaos take over again before we clean again. There is very little maintenance cleaning done in this household.
The Red Sox have been spanking the daylights out of the White Sox the last few days, which is great; their lead over the Yankees is up to 6.5 games, which is also great since we'll be playing them this week. How appropriate is it that I finally get the Slingbox going and I have to go back to work, and can't watch the games against the Yankees. I'm going to give the DVR function on the Sling a shot though and see if I can't get that to work. Life could be worse.
And now I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long while: iron my clothes for the morning! I have to attempt to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight, which could be tough. I've been staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning for a few months now, but I need to trim that back a few hours so I'm not in full zombie mode in the morning. Enjoy your Sunday.

2 comments:
hi
we made in back from denver in one piece!! (jesse's driving frightens me).
isn't it bad feng shui(sp?) to have your back to the door, (in the office)?
did chieko (and you) get the birthday box yet?
xoxo
hi, glad to hear you made it back safe and sound...i'm not sure about the feng shui but if bad things start happening to me i'll rearrange the office again...
we haven't received the package yet...i'll let you know when we do though...talk to you soon
xo
Post a Comment