So far all of my classes are great. I don't appear to have any overly weird, aggressive, pissed off, or otherwise class-atmosphere destroying students, so that's a good thing.
I had a lot of stuff to say but blogger was giving me some problems earlier in the evening and I've since forgotten the majority of what I wanted to discuss. While I was waiting for blogger to sort itself out I looked around at other free blog hosting sites, and started one with wordpress. I'm still tinkering around and may well end up junking it, but this service has been acting up lately so I'm curious about what else is out there. I was having issues uploading pictures tonight, which has been happening a lot recently. But I'm also not thrilled with the way my posts have been coming out lately, i.e. with the text nicely spaced in some parts, and all tight and hard to read in others. Anyway, that's fascinating conversation that's well worth your while.
Let's mention the Red Sox, who were just thoroughly swept by the Yankees (happy Sheryl??) . While it was a blast in the pride to see that happen, I'm still not overly concerned about the Red Sox winning the AL East. What I am concerned about is the fact that they can't seem to hit good pitching when it comes around, because that's pretty much all they're going to see in the playoffs. I think the playoffs will probably more of a challenge than the actual World Series, and if the Sox can make it through that, things most likely will only get easier. But there a lot of questions still: how long will Manny be out? can Daisuke pitch a game without imploding at some point? what's up with Schilling? is JD Drew ever going to hit the ball (I would forgive the majority of this season if he gets hot sometime soon and we win the World Series)? There are more questions, but I can't think of them at the moment. Anyway, as usual things are going to be interesting.
OK, I'm about done with this post. Here are a few rather uninspiring pictures I snapped on the walk home from work today. I took the same route yesterday, sans camera, and saw a few things that I thought would make good shots. The images I had in my head didn't exactly translate to what you see below, but hell, my life is a big mistranslation here. Have a nice weekend, and please please please Red Sox, whoop up on the Orioles.





No comments:
Post a Comment