Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Doors of Perception



I pride myself on being attuned to the world around me, being sensitive to the feelings and states of mind of the people around me, and aware of changes in my immediate environment. Most of all I try to observe everything and everyone in my ongoing effort to figure out this world completely. Generally speaking, I think I do a decent job.

So I was a bit shocked and humbled today when I walked past this building. I walk past this building 4 or 5 times a week on my way the gym. So why did I, the observant one, only just today notice that this building is 100% covered in ivy? It stands out a little bit, and buildings being smothered by ivy is not something I see all that often, so I imagine it would stick out a little more. Quite a mystery there. Must reassess my keen observations schools.

From the 'only in Japan' news department, I implore you to read this article. In other disturbing Japanese news, yesterday a boy turned up to the local police department with his mother's head in a bag. He readily admitted to hacking off his own mom's head, and it was on her birthday to boot. Remember a few weeks ago when I said Japan doesn't have that much crime, but when people kill each other they have to go the extra mile to do so? This is what I was talking about.

That's about all I have to say tonight. The will to stay conscious is fading quickly...must sleep.

1 comment:

barbara said...

thank you for not chopping my head off on my birthday. rice cakes and bath salts are a much better gift!

xoxo