Sunday, June 03, 2007

Another Day at the Beach

Since I only have one day off this weekend, I had high expectations of doing something fun today. I managed to get up at a decent hour, had some coffee, then fell asleep again. Once I woke up for the second time, I got on the horn to Kent and we were off for what is becoming Sunday habit of kite flying. Wind was not strong in town so we went straight down to the beach, where more often than not there is a breeze at the very least. It was a gorgeous afternoon.


The do a pretty good job of cleaning this beach up after a winter of storms and neglect leave it pretty nasty by the time spring rolls around. This is the same beach I've posted pics of before with all sorts of random crap washed up on shore. There was far less debris this time, and no monster jelly fish to speak of. Some clouds sauntered in as the afternoon progressed, doing some cool things with the sun light.


When we finally packed up the kites, we rounded up our wives and head for an all you can eat dim sum restaurant. It's been a while since I spent an extended amount of time in the baking sun, but now I remember how it drains me of energy. I'm zonked and it's only 8 p.m. Once I finish this glass of wine, I may be due to call it a very early night. Back to work tomorrow after a barely a blink of the eye. In three weeks we'll be on vacation until August. I'm planning a trip back to the states at the beginning of July, and I need to get moving on a plane ticket. Not tonight though.


No comments: