Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Wednesday Evening

Not much of anything going on here today. I found myself in the uncommon position of having a few hours of daylight on my hands this afternoon, so I took a stroll around the neighborhood right around dusk. I snapped a few pictures which are not all that interesting, but since I have nothing to say I'll include a few of them here.

The rice fields are in full swing now, after being planted about a month ago. It's pretty remarkable that these begin as rows of individual sprigs of rice (if that's what they're called), and by the end of the summer you won't be able to see any of the water in the paddy. They really fill in. You can see our local, good for nothing train cruising by in this picture. I say good for nothing, but that's relative to my situation. Plenty of people use this train to commute to and from school/work each day, I just have no use for it. It doesn't go anywhere that I ever have the need or desire to go, i.e. neighboring towns with nothing much going on. Even to get downtown using this train, we have to either switch trains along the way, or ride this one to it's terminus, and then take a bus the rest of the way.



Another in my soon to be famous 'sun bursting through clouds' trademark pictures. We were waiting on rain all day today, and while the clouds have been threatening we have yet to get wet.

Well, as I mentioned, I don't really have much to say this evening, so I won't waste my or anyone else's time. Enjoy your day/night wherever you are.



2 comments:

Kent Matsueda said...

i wonder if you'll be able to see much from the restaurant this evening. looks like some nasty weather is brewing in noto and is headed our way! might get some great lightning shots if you're lucky!

Casey said...

fingers crossed for that...starting to hear some rumbles and the wind is picking up...good stuff!!