So there's this brand of cookies here called 'Lemonist.' Every time I see these cookies I can't help but think of the word 'lemonist' as some horrible derogatory label that we would put on people, and I spend the rest of my shopping experience going through all sorts of scenarios in which people deride each other for being lemonists.
The arguing parents: 'We did NOT raise our children to be a bunch of lemonists!'
The lawyer: 'This man/woman is a habitual lemonist, and detriment to society!'
Coworkers gossiping: 'Did you hear that Casey is a lemonist, AND he's gay?'
W: 'The lemonists hate us for our way of life.'
The suspect: 'Don't look at me like I'm some kind of lemonist.'
But alas, they are just cookies with a weird name. You get that sort of thing a lot around here. How the mind wanders.
It's still raining here in Kanazawa. Actually it's not raing THIS second, but we're under constant threat. I snapped some shots on my way home from work this afternoon. The clouds in Kanazawa were so laden with rain they could barely keep themselves off the ground as they barrelled into the mountains on the edge of town.


I hit a bit of a snafu in my efforts to be all wrapped up with work by Wednesday. We file our grades online through the school's website. To do this we have this contraption that hooks into the USB port on our computer, into which we stick our ID cards. Seems my ID card is on the fritz, which means I can't access any of the super top secret areas of the website that allow me to do the things I need to do. So instead I spend the afternoon taking picturs of myself in puddles and calling people lemonists. So it goes.



3 comments:
even your arm looks a little popeye-ish
xo
that's my umbrella...
haha...funny.... the OTHER arm
xo
devin is leaving for california today. wah
Post a Comment