Well, sort of. I suppose reality will be when I start working again next month. So, back to life as I know it in Japan, at least.
The trip back was uneventful and long. I was understandably wiped out when I got back to the apartment around 9:30 last night, but a good sleep has seemed to put me back in working order.
The weather here couldn't be more opposite from the sunny, hot days on Cape Cod. Here, it's warm, humid, and raining. I'd better not lose my hard earned tan because of this. At the first opportunity I will head down to the beach for some kite flying/tan maintaining.
We've got about a week here and then it's off to the watermelon patches of Niigata for Chieko and I. We're a little unsure of which route we'll take to get there though, since after the huge earthquake a few days ago, a stretch of highway that we use has been shut down. Fortunately everyone affiliated with Chieko's family is OK, though the quake was centered very close to her home town. That's two big ones in the last 3 years for them.
Any, I'm back safe and sound, and I'll be try to get something worthwhile up here shortly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment