Thursday, July 26, 2007

Notes From the Farm Vol. 2

Well, today was a washout. It rained all day, and while Chieko's parents do crack the whip when it comes to harvesting watermelons, they are not hard core enough to make us work in the rain and mud. Still, we had to hang around for a while in case the weather broke, but when it got too late, we were free to get out of the house for a few hours.

Chieko and took a drive to see a big dam, which was pretty interesting but again my pictures aren't that great, so they're not here.

When we got back, I was considering going for a run, but why go for a run, when you can just go across the street and climb a mountain? So that's what I did. The mountain I climbed is a small ski hill, and it's not tall at all. It probably only took me 25 minutes to get up to the top, but the view from there was still quite nice. As you can see it was still pretty overcast, and it started to rain just as I was getting back to the house. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of how freakin nice it is around here.






And for those of you who know why I'm really here in Japan, as a secret agent for the Boston Red Sox, rest assured that the mission is going very well.



Tomorrow, weather willing, it's back to the grindstone. I've been told we're heading out to the field BEFORE breakfast tomorrow, to get a few hours of work in before the sun gets too hot. So I'm hauling off for the evening. It's time for this little watermelon picker to get some sleep.

No comments: