The last few hours have been a whirlwind of laundry, CD burning, trying to collect all the crap I've strewn around the house and in various automobiles over the last two weeks, and eventually cramming it all back into my suitcase. I do believe I am finished.
A few highlights from my last day on Cape Cod:
Could this be the aforementioned Hosta eating deer? Since it's the only one I've seen, I'll put the onus on it to prove otherwise. I was surprised to see this deer in the cranberry bog across the street in plain daylight this morning. After posing for this picture, she (I think) promptly bolted off into the woods.

I spent the afternoon lounging in the sun on my friend's brother's sailboat (complicated?) while he did some repair work. It was beautiful other than the 20 mile an hour wind.

But we did manage to find a sheltered field to get in one last frisbee tossing session. How I do love throwing the frisbee. It's one of life's most simple pleasures.

This evening I went for a barefoot run on the beach, which I don't recall ever having done before, but will make a point to do again. The local beach here is called Sandy Neck, which is an ironic name since it's mostly covered with rocks. Not the best choice for barefoot running, though I was shooting for low tide, when the (rock free) sandbars come up. I was a little early.
I also had a nice lunch and dinner with my parents today.
All in all, a great two weeks back home, though as usual, not quite long enough.
Look for the resumption of fascinating and amusing tales from Japan in a few days, once I arrive, get some sleep, and do something fascinating and/or amusing.

2 comments:
Glad to see that you made the best of your trip back to the states, and you even got to see a Sox game! I live here and I don't even get to spend a day at Fenway (jealous)!
Keep on a bloggin', brotha!
yeah i scored getting to go to fenway, i was pumped...was great to see you guys as well...enjoy the rest of the summer
Post a Comment