Things started around 5 in the afternoon when my friend, father, brother, uncle and I headed to the Beachcomber in Wellfleet. This bar is pretty famous around the Cape. It sits on a bluff overlooking the the Cape Cod National Seashore, and features live music when it's open during the summer. We were there to see the Incredible Casuals, a pretty rocking local band that has been around for a while. They did not disappoint.

The drummer for the Casuals is a 6'5" transvestite. Despite this knowledge, I found it difficult not to stare at his breasts.



After a brief stop to gaze out over the Atlantic, my friend, brother and I headed back into town. A friend of my brother was playing guitar a local bar, and I was looking forward to hearing some acoustic music after the deafining sounds at the Beachcomber.

With some prodding I stepped up to the mic and played a song. I couldn't really here how I sounded, which made it difficult to tell if I was any good or not. I got to try out a Taylor guitar though, which is something I've been meaning to do for a while. I'll have to get my hands on one again when I'm a little more sober and in a quiet place.

I ended up on my friend Mark's couch for the night, and then back in my own bed once morning/sobriety rolled around. Since then it's been a rather subdued day. At this time next week I'll be on a plane somewhere over the Pacific on my way back to Japan. No major plans for the rest of my stay here other than to hit the beach, buy a few things, and relax. For now, I turn my attention to the pre-All Star game homerun derby.

3 comments:
Sounds like you are having a good time. Keep up with the pix and for the love of god, put some sunscreen on.
enjoy it before the watermellon picking!
glad you got to play some. post some video clips next time too!
say thanks again to chieko for us for giving us a ride to the station before we left town.
see you soon!
thanks for the concern shades...sunscreen probably wouldn't hurt...
have fun on mt. fuji kent and i'll see you soon...
Post a Comment