
Well, yet another trans-Pacific crossing safely under my belt. The trip back was uneventful if not long, but that's always expected. I was a bit worried when I checked the news before leaving my apartment only to read that that because of all the happenings in the UK that US airports had beefed up security. I had visions of long security lines in the States and missed connections. Alas, things were much smoother than I expected and there were no issues. Security and immigration in Japan is like a different world compared to here. It's always so smooth, orderly, and fast.
I crashed around 6:30 last night as jet lag slowly took over, and after watching the Red Sox lose 2-1 to the lowly Rangers my will to be awake was sapped. It's now 4:30 in the morning, and I'm watching a rerun of the Paris Hilton interview on Larry King. Ha! Anyway if I have any hope of making it to a normal hour this evening I'd better try and nod off for a few more hours. I'll be heading up to Vermont later this week to visit some friends, but other than that no big plans. It's good to be home.

No comments:
Post a Comment