Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Order Restored


Today I only had 2 classes, so after a short post-class nap, Chieko and I headed downtown...she for some banking, I for some new guitar pins...I was concerned I might not be able to find any pins that were the right size for my guitar, but it was no problem...the guy at the shop popped out the piece of old pin that was still jammed in my guitar (see the previous guitar picture if you care), and then guided me to these beauties...What you see here are pins made from cow bone, which is supposed to improve the tone the guitar...I don't know how much is due to new strings and how much is because of these pins, but my guitar sounds mighty fine tonight...they also have mother of pearl dots in them that nicely match the ones on my bridge (the part the pins are sticking into), which is cool...and now you've read way too much than you ever wanted to about guitar pins...but understand, I am excited about this!
And in weather, it's been raining a lot, which is fine, because I've been working a lot (except for today)...my penchant for college students is on the rebound as well...that's all for now

No comments: