Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Almost Famous

Today I made my radio debut...though I'm not sure how successful it was. I went on a show at the school's radio station, which is broadcast around the local area. The show is pre-recorded, so luckily I was allowed to make plenty of mistakes and re-record things that I screwed up. The usual format of the show is that the guest chooses 6 songs that he/she likes and they play them on the show, while asking the guest about his/her home country, experiences in Japan, and stuff like that. My friend/coworker Marie is the co-host of the show, which is how I got the chance to go on. She also said it was ok for me to come on and play some songs on my guitar, rather than play from CD's...I was pretty nervous when we started...they decided that I should record all the songs first, then we'd do the interview portions, and they'll edit it all together after...I don't generally sing in front of people, and suddenly there were three folks within a few feet of me, along with a few mics in my face...I messed up the first song about 3 times before I got it, and from there things were a bit smoother...so it was a fun experience...and the radio show will be broadcast in two parts, next saturday and the saturday after that...I'm not sure if I dare listen to it or not though...but I'll be getting a CD recording which hopefully I'll be able to post online somewhere for your listening pleasure...this could be the beginning of something special folks!! Or not...

Marie, Me, Roy, and a woman whose name I don't know...


I strum...

2 comments:

barbara said...

seeing pictures of you makes me miss you even more. i can wait to hear the interview. you must post it.

barbara said...

i mean i can't wait