Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Tragedy...


...of sorts...attempting to change the strings on my beloved Gibson J-45 this evening when this happened...after I had put in the big E string, the bridge pin seemed to be riding a little high, and the string was buzzing a little...in my attempt to pry the pin out and re-set the string, this happened...so I won't be playing this guitar for a little while...will have to take it somewhere and have them remove what's left of the pin, and hopefully they'll have another one in stock...
All this comes as I'm supposed to go on the radio next week for an interview and to play some songs...and attempt to speak Japanese...fortunately I have my old guitar that I can use but this is a bummer nonetheless...
In other news...I woke up a cold this morning...Chieko has been sick for a week or two now and I'm pretty surprised I lasted this long without being contaminated...so trying to rest up and battle this bug before it gets too bad...I did manage to get a hair cut today though, and we cleaned the apartement this morning, so there's something positive...and we bought some much needed night tables for the bed room!!
And finally...DaVinci Code fever is taking Japan by storm...at the moment I'm attempting to understand a show that is apparently examining the historical accuracy of the claims made in the book...quite a novel idea, that one...

No comments: