Friday, June 02, 2006

In Yer Face (and arm)!!!

I'll preface this entry by saying that I am an unabashed sissy when it comes to doctors sticking things into my body. And my sissiness grows exponentially the closer the said 'thing' is to my brain. I'll remind you of my ear incident last year, where I somehow ended up with fluid inside my eardrum, and the doctors was solution was to simply drill a frickin whole in my eardrum and vaccuum fluid out ever two days for two weeks...yeah, that was one of the lower points of my time here in Japan...there's really nothing like gettin fluid sucked out of your ear...it's loud, semi-painful, and very close to the brain, so there is no escaping into the sanctuary of the mind like you could if say, your foot, were being worked on...but anyway, that's another horrible, horrible story...
And so it was that my sissiness shined once again yesterday when I went to the doctors. I came down with a cold a few weeks ago, which has since passed, mostly. A few days into this cold, I woke up with a pain in my jaw, which as persisted even as the rest of the cold has gone away. So I went to the doctor just to make sure there aren't spider eggs incubating in my face or anything else out of the ordinary...
First they took a blood test, then an x-ray of my face...this without the doctor ever really looking at me...ok, the blood test wasn't pleasant, and I break out in cold sweats every time I have one, but they are tolerable...then the doctor calls me back in and looks at the x-ray and apparently can see whatever is causing the problem, which, surprise, was due to the cold...OK, everything normal so far...
His solution...drum roll....he wants to give me a shot, IN MY FACE!!! INTO MY JAW!!! VERY CLOSE TO MY BRAIN!!! I declined and requested medicine, and he seemed totally baffled by my hesitance at getting injected in the face...but nonetheless he wrote a prescription, and thus I sit tonight with a semi-sore jaw but untraumatized...and this is what my arm looks like after the blood test!! That little red dot is where they actually stuck me...

3 comments:

barbara said...

you poor, poor baby. come home.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey dude...
So is tonite the first night of
the broadcast?
Franks

Casey said...

and beans...it was this morning...i listened to a bit and it didn't sound too bad...how you like the blog?