
...look just like American tadpoles...I've been monitoring these guys for about 2 weeks...They are growing up in a rice paddy that I pass on my way to/from work each day, and they are mildly entertaining to observe for a few minutes if I'm in the mood to watch lethargic tadpoles...I'm a bit surprised that they are taking so long to turn into real frogs, which could be to due to the fact that there is a whole bunch of crap floating in the water that is probably detrimental to tadpole development, but what do I know...they ARE starting to sprout legs though, and they are getting pretty fat and more frog-shaped, so they should be hopping around in no time...
Chieko and I also took our first venture in the new car today, down to the local supermarket...it's nice not having to lug bags of groceries home on foot...and now that I have gorged on tasty pork chops made by chieko, completed my dishwashing duties and updated this blog with more fascinating insight, I'm going to do some ironing and head to bed!!

1 comment:
Yeah, I asked HJ if I could keep some in our fish tank so I could watch them more closely, but she (in good judgement) shot that idea down.
Post a Comment