Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Road Trip


...chieko and i live near Komatsu airport, and given my love of watching jets take off and land, i have been urging her to take me there ever since we got a car (remember she is the only one with a license)...so today, with much anticipation, we hit the road for the 40-ish minute drive out to the airport...i had high hopes since i often see some big jets flying around either approaching the airport or taking off...however, upon arrival we found it was pretty dead...it's not the busiest place in japan, and it seems like after the morning and evening rush, there really isn't much going on at komatsu airport...we did get to see some F-15's and other military aircraft doing some exercises, but i am partial to big passenger jets so it was a bit of a let down...we got somewhat of a fix though on our way home...we had stopped to buy a road atlas of the area, and the book store just happened to be directly under where the jets were coming in to land...thus, i got at least one good picture today, and yes, i realize that this a pretty nerdy fascination of mine...
...i'll actually be going to work tomorrow though...i have a few loose ends to tie up before i'm officially done, and the sooner i get them done with, the sooner i can officially embrace summer vacation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH, WATCHING THOSE BIG JETS, ME TOO!~SOON I AM GOING TO CASTLE ISLAND IN BOSTON AND THAT IS A GREAT PLACE TO TAPE THE BIG ONES ON FINAL INTO LOGAN. I WILL HOOK UP MY AIRCRAFT SCANNER TO MY RECORDER. THEN I'LL EDIT IT AND PUT IT ON DVD. I'LL SEND YOU A COPY WHEN I AM FINISHED.
SO HAPPY THINGS ARE GOING SO WELL FOR YOU & YOURS. LOVE YOU BUDDY. TAKE CARE,
RICH FITZ

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»