Monday, June 05, 2006

Sim-Simma, Who Got the Keys...



...to my Corolla?!? Yes, Chieko and I took delivery of this fine and free Toyota yesterday when Chieko's parents came to town for the night...They've recently bought themselves a new car, and were kind enough to GIVE this one to us...
Now I just need to get my license and I'll be back in business and can be much more mobile when it comes to exploring the country-side here...Until then, it's Chieko at the helm...
We took her parents around the school, and then down town for some dinner...after that we saw them to their hotel and came home ourselves...it was a bit of short weekend since yesterday was pretty much devoted to waiting for her parents to arrive, and then trying to entertain them...I should give Chieko all the credit for that as I just sat there like a mute for most of the time and tried to say something coherent in Japanese once in a while...
Back to school/work today...only a about 2 weeks left of teaching in the term, then tests, then I'm coming home!! Really looking forward to it...it's been quite a while..

3 comments:

barbara said...

nice car casey and chieko

Anonymous said...

sorry I won't be there when you get home!

Casey said...

thanks for checking out my site patty! sorry i just noticed your message, and who knows when, if ever, you'll notice this one...sorry we won't be around a the same time :-( your always welcome in japan!